Hearing loss can be traumatic. According to the research done by the World Health Organization, one in every three people over the age of 65 lives with hearing loss. We at Atharva Speech and Hearing Care Clinics, know going through hearing loss can be very arduous. We are with you every step of the way, making your process comfortable.
Why Atharva Hearing Care Clinics are best for purchase Hearing Aids?
Atharva Speech and Hearing Care Clinics is the hearing aid service provider with centers spread all over in Mumbai and Goa. Founded in 1998, Atharva Speech and Hearing Care Clinics have more than 15 years of experience in treating hearing loss. We are known for our high-quality services to our patients and being the authorized dispenser of hearing aids of brands both domestic and international.
Atharva Speech and Hearing Care Clinics clinic is presented with awards by various prestigious institutions like Signia, Mid-Day and Starkey. We are committed to providing complete end-to-end, personalized services to our patients.
Every hearing loss is different from the other:
some can be sensorineural, some can be conductive, and then there is mixed hearing loss. The most common type of hearing loss is Sensorineural hearing loss. It’s a permanent loss caused by damage to your auditory nerve. Conductive hearing loss occurs when there is a problem with the outer or middle ear (ear canal, eardrum, and the three bones). Some people have problems associated with both the inner and outer or middle ear. Such a type of hearing loss is called a mixed type. you can read about what are the cause of these hearing loss here
95% of the hearing loss can be helped by Hearing aids. Atharva Speech and Hearing Care Clinics is the authorized dispenser of hearing aids brands like Siemens (Signia), Phonak, Resound, Widex, Unitron and Starkey. our range of hearing aids include:-
· BTE- It stands for Behind The Ear. This type of earmold for hearing aid is worn outside of the outer ear. There is a small transparent tube that routes the sound down to your ear canal. It is available in different sizes, shapes and colors. BTE hearing aid provides best amplification and is easy to clean and use. Top brands from which you can choose BTE hearing aids are Phonak, Widex. You can go check more about different models and their features on
· ITC- In The Canal hearing aids as the name suggests fits in the ear canal. These are custom-made hearing aids. Top brands from which you can choose your hearing aids are Starkey and resound. You can visit starkey hearing aid page for detailed information and also to know about other brands offering the same.
· CIC – Completely In the Canal type of hearing aid is placed completely in your ear canal. The only visible part is the clean piece of wire which is used to pull out the earmold. They are less visible than larger custom designs. Starkey CIC hearing aids are one of the best when looking for CIC earmolds. You will get more elaborated information on our website.
· RIC – Receivers In Canal are the most popular type of hearing aid as they are more effective and are easy to wear. These are the open fit hearing aids that use a thin plastic micro tube extending into the ear canal. They are good at amplifying high pitched sound and you have clear and natural sound quality. Check RIC hearing aid page to know about different brands offering a wide range of products. And choose the best for yourself
· IIC – Invisible In Canal is custom made to fit the shape of your ear. These types of hearing aids are the smallest and customizable and are suitable for people with mild to moderate hearing loss. These rest in the second bend of the ear canal where no one can see them. We are affiliated with brands like Phonak ,Starkey and resound to provide you with custom made IIC hearing aid.
Which hearing aid best suits you depends upon many factors like desired features, ear anatomy, lifestyle, budget and cosmetic appeal and we achieve that after thorough diagnosis. We believe that what’s best for our patients is best for us. we give three best hearing aids and then you have to choose it from them. We provide a wide range of products so that you can filter according to your need, product feature and budget.
Since we are using a machine to hear better we can sometimes come across various problems like :
- NO SOUND: Sometimes the hearing aid produces no sound. This can happen due to various reasons like, the microphone is switched off, batteries are not in the right size, and it can be due to battery depletion.
- EARWAX BLOCKAGE: There can be times when you hear weak and distorted sound, this may happen due to battery depletion or the earwax is interfering with your hearing by blocking tube, microphone or receiver. This is the easiest problem to solve, you just have to clean your hearing aid daily.
- FIT: Interestingly, our ears grow in size as we age. Ears are made of cartilages and it grows till we die, another reason is our earlobes elongate due to gravity. And that makes our ears larger. This may not be a serious problem to everyone but it is to a person suffering from a hearing loss. Because of this, the custom made hearing aid will stop fitting. And this will hinder the hearing aid’s performance
We believe everyone deserves to hear and live better, so we do everything we can to make our patient’s life easy. We know our role is more than just suggesting the best hearing aid to you. We follow up on ever hearing aid we have offered to our patients. We make sure the equipment functions perfectly. And, we are open for lifetime service and support to the patient.
Atharva Speech and Hearing Care Clinics work towards fulfilling our vision of spreading awareness amongst the general populace with regards to hearing disabilities, how they can overcome and how such people are to be treated at home and in society because we know the importance of hearing in maintaining connections with loved ones. We work hard every day to provide end-to-end solutions to people with hearing impairment.